2wd to 4wd Conversion: Whats needed?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by VanoFord, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

those and a 10mm dont exist lol

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Dude.Go for it man.Forget all the nay sayers and tackle this bad boy.Make sure to keep us updated man.I'm sure this kind of swap will have allot of ppl interested and garner allot of attention.

Get at er my Mayhem bro:peace:

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Bunch of Buzz Killington's :jester:

It sounds like I might be following you lol. I'm gonna start lookin at junk yards for front housings, no diff or r&P preferred so I can have the same setup up front that i already have in the back (4.30 on a Auburn Auto Cross).

This will all start to happen after I get married this summer guys. I'm ring shopping this month, and askin her at the end of may/june. Just gonna elope @ the JP then just have a parlay at the house! But yea, after all that, i am tackling this as my next mod. Thanks for all the support and input from everyone, even the nay sayers. Haters gonna hate right? :crazy:

4. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

:facepalm: :suicide:

5. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

prove all these negative nancies wrong!

6. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Just remember vano that it's easy for people to say "go for it" when they are not footing the bill or doing any of the work. If you decide to do this project we will help you every step of the way.

But just don't let that DES creep up on you half way threw the project :jester:

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    lmao. got me w/ the DES. i'm thinkin this way West... if it costs me $2.5k to do this, then I will get that back on trade in difference between 2wd and 4wd alone. plus, it might make it easier for me to trade up to a diesel 4x4 if i already got a gas 4x4 to swap ya know? like i said, its after gettin married this summer. I do think it would be a nice "how-to" for the forum, one that surely no other forum would have.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

des :peace:

9. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Very true.Allot of ppl wouldn't be footing the bill or doing the work.Then again there are some of us that would be footing the bill and doing our own work if we were undertake a mod such as Vano's.

If i decided to go with with my Rocks for my truck.I would be footing the bill and doing all my own work.

10. Rosati21

Rosati21 Member

any help you need im down only an hour and a half away and i can load up all my tools and wham bam lol if we could bring it up to college station and i used the dealership it could be done in about 8 hours thats with the lifts and air tools. :drool: