Ecoboost Bullydog Tuner

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by ak_cowboy, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Be available on December 15th

Bully Dog Performance Tuning for Ford Ecoboost

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. 4ctNduction

4ctNduction Truck of the Century

oh very nice. i have a couple friends with the new eco boost motors and those things are beasts from the factory

3. mustangwarrior

mustangwarrior Full Access Member

i've been considering getting one after school instead of a diesel, thinkin screw with short box, 4wd but keep it low and makin it a DD just want 4wd for winter

4. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    damn thats real impressive. but i think they could squeeze some more HP out that engine if they increased boost a bit more. still, nothin like packin 350+ HP

5. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

damn thats a big increase for just tuning. I want an ecoboost!

6. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole until they've been out a while and lots of others had guinea pigged it for accellerated engine wear/damage.

That's playing with fire on relatively new technology for Ford, IMO.

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

It'll be intersting to see what happens with it. A lot like the early mustang tuners I'm sure.
    Or they're playing it really safe and well release an "extreme" tune once they make sure this one isn't going to blow anything up

8. Jeeper64060

Jeeper64060 Junior Member

I have a Bully Dog GT tuner I origanally bought for my 2004 Durango Hemi. I could not tell it did much on the Dodge.I traded the Dodge for a new F-150 with the Eco-Boost and kept the tuner.This week I downloaded the new program from Bullydog using the updater and tried it on the 3.5L. It makes a huge difference. I did my test runs in the rain, and had to keep the traction control on to stay on the road even with 400# extra weight in the back. On the graph you can really see the traction control clamp down on the 1-2 shift. It took a lot of nerve to keep my foot in it through the 1/4 mile. It took 0.7 seconds off the time, and 3 mph faster. The torque and horsepower curves are the most impressive though. Torque stock was 243.5 peak, performance peak was 436.7. Horsepower stock was 200.8, performance was 300. Max power was at 3600 RPM.
    This was on 87 octane. I think a non-rain test is probably needed to get the true picture- the traction control was having a hard time with it. Without traction control I stepped on it at 45 mph and it got really loose.
    I've went back stock. The gas milage was not so good, and the throttle was super touchy. My wife was having trouble driving it in parking lots and did not like at all. I'll probably download the preformance tune before my next trailer pulling trip in March to see how it performs with a 6000# trailer. It did well stock with that load in October stock, but mileage was only about 10 - I'd like better.

A definate pluss - you can watch boost pressures on it and the Bullydog increased pressures. Moderate throttle runs about 10 psi, max I saw was about 18 psi. Anything over 4 psi and mileage drops like a rock.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  9. Jeeper64060

I'll see if I can upload the after graph here.

[​IMG]

10. Jeeper64060

Notice how much power falls over 4500 RPM - revving this motor any more than that is pointless.