Edge Evo thread(Settings)

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by backwoodscountryman, Dec 6, 2010.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

I run my shift firmness at +20 it shifts hard but its not jerky. If you adjust the timing correctly you shouldn't damage it. Take it in small increments +.25 on up still you like it or you get the pinging and then turn it down. can't turnthe torque of but you can adjust it by the shift lock and unlock. Also helps if you run higher octane, maybe a regear to 4.10 will help you too.

Hey guys, ive read through this whole thread twice and i cant believe how much helpful information is in it.

The one thing that i havent really seen anyone touch base on is the conv. lock and unlocks, and what exactly they do.

The only reason i bring this up is because i looked over the manual for my edge and it isnt covered in there either... does anyone want to shed some light on what increasing / decreasing these does exactly and how it affects performance / economy?

Glad it helped you out.Thats why i started this thread as to help ppl that may not know much about there Evo's and want to gain more knowledge.

I might be wrong on this about your question,but i think the Torque converter locks and unlocks have something to with locking the gears longer or shorter say when towing.Of course i am probably wrong and hopefully someone can chime in here and shed more light on it as i am wondering also.Sorry i couldn't have been more help to you on your questions.

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Just bumping this cause i noticed 1-2 ppl on here just got themselves an Edge evo and might want to check it over for usefull info

3. A7X

A7X Full Access Member

Edge Evo, 2001 5.4 4x4, gotts mod, muffler delete haha
    For some reason everytime I try to adjust anything like
    WOT shifting
    WOT Fuel
    Timing adjust
    Shift points
    I get a horrible idle... Like black smoke and jumping from 0-1500 rpm back n forth... So I just leave it alone and basically use it to run
    LVL 3
    shift firmness- 1-2=+7, 2-3=+6, 3-4=+2
    Tire size- 2993 or something like that I had figured out (39" but they measure a little small)
    Gear ratio- 4.56
    Rev limiter- 5500
    speed limiter- 150 (even though it should be like 70 LOL)
    and I run 93 for the fuel

If I touch anything else it doesn't run right So I only change the above and I've tried to change each of the others by themselves and get bad results so it's any of the first mentioned settings mess it up by themselves or all together...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. rwilhite07

rwilhite07 ON THE ROKS

just got my evo today and its doing the exactttt same thing when i try to adjust any of the settings you mentioned, **** was freakin me out glad to know im not the only one tho and glad to know i go it set right and fixed now.

5. 06F150

06F150 Member

i know this thread is kinda old but ive looked everywhere and cant find a direct anwser anywhere, not even in the manual. i noticed on the evo it has a setting for lock up. is this refering to torque converter lockup? and if not what is it?

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Yeah, its torque converter lockup.

7. 06F150

06F150 Member

thanks man

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

No problem :waytogo: