Engine build questions!!

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by bktabolts, Jul 22, 2012.

1. bktabolts

bktabolts Full Access Member

Build up of my 08 F-150 XLT (DIRTY INC)
    Sorry for the long post!!
    Been trying to figure out the route that I want to go on motor build up. Been doing some research and a little stuck. I can’t say I’m new to the modular engine or engines at all. I have been out of the Ford game for a few years now. My current job isn’t working on personal vehicles. I’m stuck, hoping to hear some good input from some of you about which way to go. Below are a couple options that I may or may not go with.
    Reason for more power etc… is desert running and 4x4 in the hills. I live in Arizona, and play a lot in the pacific northwest. Anywhere from flat ground to rolling sand dunes, to forest area’s with mud etc… I think you get the point.
    1. Roush supercharger (additional 145 hp and 143 lb-ft torque) =$5200ish
    F150 Supercharger w/ Intercooler, Also fits Mark LT (2004-2008)
    2. FRPP cams with OBX headers(additional hp and torque ?) =$1500
    3. Ford Racing Intake, cams, throttle body power package (additional 40ish HP) =$2099
    FORD RACING 2005-2010 4.6L INTAKE/CAMS/THROTTLE BODY POWER PACKAGE -- M-FR5-S197

4. Ford Racing 400hp+ top end power package (additional parts needed)$4099.99
    Ford Racing 2005-2010 Mustang GT 400HP+ Top End Power Package -- M-FR4-S197

These are approximite price's!!

I really want the lumpy old school sound. Makes my pants wet! LOL ,The engine bay I want to clean up and make it look a lot better. If you have seen the concept Ford Superchief, that is what my goal is. Not so much all aluminum but basic engine without all the wires and BS. Also thought about building another engine, bottom and top end to be able to handle everything better then stock. Even better, just put in the 5.0? Please no bashing! Just undecided what I want at the moment, looking for a bit of guidance.

2. bktabolts

Was hoping you guys would help me spend some money!

3. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

Sounds like a solid baseline. Whats your spending limit on this, or is there one?

4. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

If it were me, I'd look into a 5.0 coyote. Just my opinion but there will be more support in the future because it's in the mustang. You can get one for a little over $6k and be at 412 hp NA at the crank. Just might take some time to do the swap

5. Eric of Memphis

Eric of Memphis Full Access Member

what he said .... i always like helping people spend their money :peace:

6. bktabolts

Spending limit? Are you asking for mine or hers? Hers is get rid of the truck. Mine, you should have let me get the raptor! So now i'm putting that money I saved in to this truck hehehe

7. bktabolts

Since I only home for a bit, figured I would slowly build it. Slowly order, Block, forged internals, etc etc etc...

Do you see anything wrong with the parts listed above? Will the FRPP intake work with the 5.4L? Might do that while I'm building the other block.