Fender Flare removal?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by liter of cola, Dec 9, 2010.

1. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

Anyone have any experience removing the factory fx4 fender flares on the 04-08 trucks? i plan on removing mine when i do the trim, rockers, and bumpers with herculiner....are there just plastic trim push bolts holding those on? also curious what my truck would look like without the flares...

2. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Keep them on...it gives the fender well depth....and the are either stuck on or screwed on/or Push pin. But you can herculine without thaking them off. Just mask around them.

3. Tatersalad69

Tatersalad69 Junior Member

There are five push pins in the front fender flare and to nuts towards te front of the tire. There are four push pins in the rear fenders and two screws on each end of the flare. Once that's removed you will need to a screwdriver for leverage because there are plastic tabs in holes all along the curve of the fender.

Hope this helps.

4. liter of cola

thanks that does help! west im looking at some pics of other trucks and i think the flares make my truck stand out a little bit....but i think im still gonna remove them so i can get the herculiner underneat the flare down by the rockers....ive noticed alot of junk gets trapped in there and i wanna protect that...

5. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

You to huh.Me and my friend Tony were actually gonna start that last week,but decided to hold off till spring when its warmer out.Make sure you prep the shit out of it so it adheres better.Also do at least 2 coats as you will thank yourself for it when you get rocks kicked up you wont be able to notice if it were to chip off.Let us know when you start yours,and make sure to post pics.

6. liter of cola

yea im going to start mine in the spring as well....its gonna be hard to take a scuff pad to that paint but im sure ill be happy with the results....its gonna hide the only scratches i have on my truck :jester:

ill be sure to post pics and you will def have to do the same...another guy on here with a red truck did his and it looks awesome!

7. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

You know who the guy is on here who did it?I want to see pics.

8. liter of cola

rwilhite07