Ford OEM Nav Headunit - MUST GET DEALER FLAHSED!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by VanoFord, Feb 8, 2011.

1. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    So i never got around to flashing my OEM Nav headunit i picked up a month ago. turns out its a good thing cuz the gf is getting me a touchscreen for my bday.

Sooooo, I am selling this. I figured I would offer it here before I listed in on Craigslist. The unit powers up w/ the Ford logo, but no functions are available UNTIL you get this flashed by the dealer.

This unit is for the 06.5-08 vehicles. the screen as normal "wear and tear" on it. some of the scratches (i wouldnt even call them that, more like trace lines) are visible w/ the unit off, but when lit up, I can not see any problems w/ the screen. Asking $160 and I'll ship it for that price. You guys know what these units sell for on ebay so at the very least you are getting a steal from me (might as well since I got it for a steal as well). Paypal preferred. Will ship Priority Mail once your payment clears. If I get no hits from here, i'll be listing it on CL this weekend. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

how much does the flash run?

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

I asked the dealers around here and they said 110-130 depending on which one i talked to. since the flash is so much, thats why i'm discounting it as such.

4. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Oh ya now your selling the good stuff,lol.Those darn girlfriends,lol.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  5. yz85rider2002

Awesome man. Id be giving up my 6 disc changer for this though :hmm:

6. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

uh, yea, i think so, but its an mp3 still, so you can compile all 6 of those discs onto one and then no worries. i never use my 6 disc, nothin but Sirius all day.

aint gf's great Backwoods? lol, i didnt tell her i bought this, and she didnt tell me she bought me the other... she was in the truck, opened up the center console, and was like "when the hell did you get this?" ruh roh... lol.

7. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

and the answer is I'm holding onto it for a friend so his gf doesn't get mad at him. :jester:

8. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

ok, update. turns out that the flash CAN NOT be done at a ford dealership. NOT for the F150's. If the dealer CAN do it, its because he has an outside electronic company come in and do the work. I found that unitedradio.com will flash the head unit for $75, + $6 for NEXT DAY SHIPPING (ya, 6 for NDS!). Since its only gonna be that much, I am going to send this out to him to check it out. The reason being is the electronic guy here in town said the unit "might" not work but might just be set on a cambus line, which would make it seem like it was "broke" like he mentioned. I don't want to sell something that "might" be broken, so I am going to get this professionally looked over. Sending the unit to them in Syracuse NY and I'll know more come this weekend/next week. If it does work, i might just get this flashed, and keep the headunit the gf got me to go into the new truck i should be getting in a few months.... BUT who knows. I'll keep you guys posted...

www.unitedradio.com

ask for Ron!

9. yz85rider2002

yeah man just keep me posted. gotta get some ideas for my coming home present besides the obvious :peace:

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

i hear that brother. you will be first i contact if i end up do selling it. still contemplating whether to put it in and put the new one in the new truck, or just put the new one in and get another new headunit for the new truck.

Safe travels on your way home!