Frustrated with leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by DUredFX476, Dec 23, 2010.

1. DUredFX476

DUredFX476 Junior Member

ok guys so i have a 05 f150 fx4 that previously had the 2.5" HBS leveling kit in it and the rear sat a lil higher than the rear so i installed the 3" HBS leveling kit and i know it was the 3" cause it was a little taller than the kit i removed. well after installing the kit and getting it all back together i measured it to compare it to before their was absolutely no difference than before according to the measurement which frustrated me a little so i took it to the best alignment shop in town and he adjusted it paerfect and STILL no difference so i checked the rear to make sure the previous owner didnt install a block or add-a-leaf so i pulled my grandpas 05 FX4 up to mine and the rear ends have the exact same block and same number of leafs so i am lost here are some pics with the 2.5" kit installed and some i took with the 3". so i guess my question is has anybody else had this happen cause i cant explain it. All these pictures i see of people on this site who install a 2.5 have the front sittin higher than the back and with a 3" i figured my truck would have a very noticeable "cali lean" or "bulldog" look to it.Anybody who has advice are greatly appreciated. Top pic is before new leveling kit and bottom two are pics i took after the new 3" kit was installed and aligned. could it be bad struts possibly? they felt REALLY strong when i took em out so i have no idea. every other 3" lift on these trucks ive seen always lifts the truck higher than the rear and thats the look i want and i dont want to lower the rear

Attached Files:

2. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 BAMF BISHESSSS!!!

you might have to drive it some to get it all adjust right.... does the truck drive straight.. steering wheel straight...

3. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 BAMF BISHESSSS!!!

it looks like it does sit higher in the front

4. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Truck looks great...but you want it higher in the back??

5. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

where are you measuring from and to?

usually its measured from the top of the wheel well to the center of the axle.

6. DUredFX476

DUredFX476 Junior Member

no, i want it to sit higher in the front. according to mr trusty tape measure the rear is still 1/4" higher than the front

7. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Looks dead level and sweet from here....you can take a small leaf out the back if you want it a lil lower...like say a 3/4 inch....

8. DUredFX476

DUredFX476 Junior Member

i might try that but im goin to give it a couple of weeks and see how i like it now. by the way westtn, congrats on the new ride, looks great

9. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

truck looks great man. did you ever decide on painting the wheels?

10. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD DAYS WHEN WE HEATED THE SPRINGS TO LEVEL and used spacers to sport rake??...god i miss those days