H.i.d's????

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by 08 f150, Jan 6, 2011.

1. supercrewzn

supercrewzn Full Access Member

If you buy a hi/lo kit, it should come with the relay harness. I know that they all do when you buy them from ebay. I currently have 6 sets of hids all from ebay and have yet to have a problem out of 5 of them. The 6th set is sitting beside the computer. There is nothing wrong with the hids from ebay. Most sellers give you a 2 year warranty on ballast and bulbs. The problem people have is they use the facotry headlight wiring to power the hids. This is the problem. Most factory wiring can not support the initial load of the hids. Therefore, you get the flicker or one of them not lighting up. If you add the relay harness, like you should, you wont have any issues with them.

2. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Has anybody on here done a retrofit. I mostly see them in 04-08 model F-150s but the retrofit puts true projectors in your housing. The reason this is becoming popular is becaus the reflector housing stock is made for a a light scorce that is small. a Hid bulb is a much bigger light source so the light is not focused and thats why you often get flashed becaus on comming traffic thinks you have your high beams on. I am getting a custom set built, its pricy but I will have projectors that will have a defined cut off line, and be focused. They will also ne 55w instead of the regular 35w. Look at Sickhids.com. The guy that owns/runs the cite is the builder, great customer service and product. Hate to hijack the thread but yall might like the look! I can post pix if wanted. Mine should be in in 2 weeks or so.