Had truck 3 days and wrecked it

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by The Batman, May 19, 2011.

1. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I hate to rain on this party, but if the cop left it no fault, which I can't imagine why he did??? Both parties simply pay to have their own vehicles repaired. In other words the lady will pay for her deductible and more then likely if bats claims his they'll total it, being the age of the truck vs. the price of repairs. The only way Bats has a chance at any money will be to hire a pricey lawyer and fight for the repair cost on a truck that's honestly not worth the price of the lawyer fees. In other words, it's not worth it...

99% of the time when you hit someone in the rear it's your fault. The police will always claim you were following too close or going too fast. There are exceptions to this rule, but very rare exceptions. I have seen cases where people with tinted taillights get sued by the person that hit them and they end up paying for the car that hit them repairs. That's why I always cringe when I see dark ass taillights.

Good luck Doug, but I'll really be surprised if you get any money from this. Sadly I'm afraid your insurance company will end up paying for the repairs on her Mazda.

2. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

so basically ima get fugged...you think they'll total the truck? if so then basically i'll be out a truck....great....but she did have full coverage so shouldnt her insurance cover my truck too?

3. Darth Bama

I know they'll total that truck Doug. Hell if I were to wreck mine with that amount of damage they'd total it. They're quick to total vehicles nowadays dude. Her full coverage insurance just means they pay for her vehicle and whoever she may hit. Had she hit you, yeah they'd give you the going price of your vehicle. Unfortunately, you hit her, in the rear. I'm surprised the cop left it at no fault honestly. I'm not saying they will, but don't be surprised if her insurance company don't come after yours for damages dude.

Doug, did you have full coverage insurance?

4. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

no i can only afford liability....so basically you think they will total my truck>? so then i cant drive it right?

5. Darth Bama

With liability yeah. All liability covers is damage you do to other people's property, ie. cars, personal property etc. If you had full coverage and tried to claim it then they'd total it. I didn't mean to freak you out. I was thinking you had full coverage. I popped a chick in a Taurus several years ago and didn't make a claim on my truck, mainly because all I damaged was the lower valance, a lower billet grille and a Roush Racing tag. All together the parts only cost me $225 and my deductible was $500. I just repaired it myself. Matter of fact my truck was like new again 2 days later. :jester: The Taurus I hit had $4000 worth of damages.

You're free to drive it dude, just make the repairs as soon as possible if it's a big deal. If not, patch that shat up and drive it. :peace:

6. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

well its just a fendor and hood...i bent the bumper back in place and the hood opens and shuts...so screw the fendor and screw the door too...ima just drive it the way it is...if i dont get anything from the insurance i dont really care...as long as its runnin ima just drive the crap out of it

7. Darth Bama

That's what I'd do too dude. Worst case scenario, esurance drops ya, and you end up having to get another insurance company.

8. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

wont know til the police report comes out. they may have meant bats was no fault.

9. Darth Bama

Anything's possible I suppose.

Keep us up to date on the report Bats. :hmm:

10. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

Well thats retarded. At least the woman had insurance....I hope it works out for ya, keep us updated.