Light comparison.

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by J.Wal, Oct 28, 2011.

1. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I was chill till the flashlight thing. Just hit me wrong. I use my $140 flashlight more than 10 times a night and for long periods of time.

Just wanted to get it out there that just because you can't see the justification in a mod/ purchase doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

Panties are un-bunched now! Lol

J.Wal

2. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

so to get back on topic, J, can you post pics of your mounts for your LED fogs? Im thinkin about modifying mine to hold 2 sets of duallys in stock location..

and is that all that you have LED wise?

3. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Well, if you're cool paying $140 for a flashlight that's all that matters. Just don't get pissed when other people don't see it the same way.

4. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

As of now all I have are the duallys. I took the mount that comes with them and drilled a hole in the bottom of my fog light cup. I took two large washers and placed one between the cup and dually mount, took the other and placed it between the cup and the nut. Once it is tight the two washers pinch the cup and the light does not move.

I have all LED exterior lights, with hid heads.
    My market lights, tail light, 3rd brake light, turn signal bulbs , puddle lights, and rings around my projectors are all LEDs. The interior lights in map and domb have been converted also. Only lights that arnt led are the ones in my dash/ window switches

I am no where near pissed, just asking for some open minds. Usually when I don't see the point I ask. Like when Preston said he was getting amber duallys, I didn't say it was dumb, I asked why. He explained, it will be useful to him and it's his cash.

J.Wal

5. Eric of Memphis

Eric of Memphis Full Access Member

Hahaha I think every light in that truck is led...... Plus the 30" in the front and the 10" is gonna be a rev light that is gonna be insane

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

6. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Ya, I left that out. I will have a 30" in the bumper on the front after Christmas, it will be on a 3 way switch. One will be on, one will have it come on with high beams, and last will be totally off

The 10" will be on a 2 way switch eather on, or on only when in reverse. That is what it will stay in most of the time.

J.Wal

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I might look at a 10" for a reverse light, or maybe two 6" to replace my 35w ones I have so far. Depends on how your guys' reverse lights come out lol

8. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I think the 10" will do good. Two 6" would be good cus you could angle them!

J.Wal

9. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

That's what I was thinking... I like having my two 35w under my bumper, cuz I aimed them to the sides a little bit. I can't see directly behind me anyways lol

Only thing is a single 10" is around $360 and even a pair of 4" would be ~$400+ and I'm not sure that the light difference would be enough to make up for the price.

Where are you planning on mounting your 10" ?

10. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I am going to mount my 10" dead center of my bumper in the back. It will be on top probably. In the area a license plate goes.

Get with Eric on the lights. His prices are the best I have found.

J.Wal