Lincoln Headlights

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Buck, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Member

Ya its rediculous. You can buy the Harley style headlights for next to nothing on ebay compared to those things. I was hoping to be able to find a set of Lincoln ones with everything but the reflectors blacked out (like the harley style) but I guess there isnt much of a market for aftermarket headlights for the Lincoln. Another thing I was curious about was whether that reflector style would work better (better light distribution) with the HIDs I have. I've always been dissapointed with the light output of the stock F150 lights. My Ranger had way better light output than the F150.

I think the main reason I was looking into the Lincoln ones was I like the way the new generation heads look on the FX4 (black surround) and I thought the Lincoln with black surround would look similar?

Thanks for the input guys. There's no way I would spend that amount of money on those heads anyway.

2. KingRanchDiesel

KingRanchDiesel Full Access Member

thats a little much IMO

3. Buck

Buck Member

Whats a little much? The headlight itself?

4. MPSoldier

MPSoldier Full Access Member

I like the ones you have man those lincoln ones are ugly

5. Buck

Buck Member

Thanks for the input. I love my current ones. They are just getting pretty old and worn out and was looking into something different. I can say the Lincoln ones wont be it though at the price they go for.

6. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I looked into it also, they bolt right in, but only came on the 07-08 Lincolns. Start searching junkyards and then black the LT lights out :peace:

7. Buck

Buck Member

That was my original thought...Black the LT headlights out to give it a bit of the new generation FX4 look. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some at a good price. If I can get a set for a reasonable price I'll give it a shot.

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

You'll definitely be the only one rocking them :peace:

9. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

The MarkLT itself was a failure. They slapped a Lincoln emblem and changed the dash and lights and called it a "Lincoln MarkLT" and slapped another 8k on the price tag. :facepalm:

10. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I really like the lt, i like all the Lincoln versions better. I just like the front ends more. If I made good money I'd get Lincoln instead. It's like buying a Lexus over a Toyota, the innards are fancier too i think, at least they are on the edge/mkthingy.

There aren't as many Lts as 150s and while I love fords, they're very common so it's like having something a little different and I find that appealing.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk