maybe a dumb ? but...

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by liter of cola, Dec 1, 2010.

1. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

im looking at trading my stock fx4 wheels with 275/65/18 tires for some stock XL 17in wheels painted flat black wraped in 325/70/17 bf goodrich...the 17s will clear the calipers right? or do the fx4s have upgraded brakes that require 18 or bigger? posted this on other site and quickly got burried with no response...heres what im lookin at trading for...

Attached Files:

2. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Yes they should work....but IMO I'd paint the stock fx4 wheels black.

3. phattacorider

phattacorider Junior Member

I'd keep the FX4 wheels and paint them black, mainly because the design and size of the wheel compliments the exterior appearance of your truck far better then the XL wheels. But if the XL wheels are in your taste, then you should be fine. IIRC, Ford has the same size rotors and similar calipers throughout the F150 line.

4. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

If you must paint a wheel black I'd keep the stock FX4 wheel over those XL wheels. Then again you'll make an XL wheel owner a happy camper with the swap. :jester:

5. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

If I remember correctly. The FX4 came with both the 17 and 18 wheel option. I think the tow package is what upgraded it to the 18". It might be a tight squeeze and your going to have to adjust your speedo.

6. liter of cola

thanks for the info guys! i just arranged to trade with this guy on sunday. Going to be moving up a few sizes and have a better tire in my opinion. I must be weird bc i really dont like the fx4 wheels...painted or not. for some reason i like the el cheapo looking painted xl rims....going from a 275/65/18 to a 325/70/17 is all i really care about anyway! ill get rims later if i dont like these ones after awhiel.

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Yep they'll fit. We took the 18s off my dad:s fx4 and swapped with our xl no problem. At least no problem till he found out...

8. liter of cola

sweet thats what i like to hear! cant wait till i see what they look like on my truck. akcowboy did you ever find a grill? i got a xl grill comin ups i picked up on ebay for 30 bucks!

9. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

No problem. I haven't even looked yet lol. I swapped my dad's black Fx4 for now, he likes my chrome more than me anyways

10. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

:boxed::suicide::emotions133: