Miss

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by Shane09, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Shane09

Shane09 Full Access Member

Ok I started my truck up today and started driving everything was going fine. I drove about two miles from my house then i noticed the truck started running rough like it had a miss or two. the CEL came on. about a minute later the miss cleared up. i got to a stop sign not too much later turned the truck off and started back up and started driving not another miss but the check engine light is still on. I dont have a code reader to find out what code it is nor to clear the code so ill have to wait till tommrow for that. but i let the truck sit at my girlfriends house for a couple of hours. got in it started it up..everything fine. started to back up and the truck died on me. waited a minute started back up and nothing yet. I dont know what the problem is. I did put new spark plugs in the truck fairly recently but i havent had any hick ups with the truck since they were put in. The truck has run noticeably better since they have been changed.

2. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Check the COP's. you can check them by unplugging one at a time while the truck is missing. The one that doesnt make it run worse when you unplug it is the one that's bad.

You can also go to Oriellys and use they're code reader. The good ones will actually tell you which one is bad.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

3. Shane09

Well thats the thing its not missing now. It only had a miss for a total of maybe 2 minutes. then cleared itself up.

4. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Most likely a COP is going bad, you can either wait until its bad and the truck is missing again, or have the code read. If the code reader doesnt give you a cylinder number then youll have diagnose it while its missing. or you can take it in.

5. Shane09

It was cylinder 4 replaced the coil today everything great