need questions answered asap please

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by lukewdavison, Dec 26, 2010.

1. lukewdavison

lukewdavison Junior Member

alright heres the deal... im thinking about getting an 8 inch rize lift.. with this lift what else do i need to do to the truck? longer driveshaft? extended brake lines? im hoping i can just put the lift on along with the new rims and tires and be good...any advice would be awesome.. anything i need to know or things that need to be done to truck for it to run this 8 inch lift

ill be putting on 37s most likely and ill be regearing it soon after.. just need help before i put in the order on this kit or not

thanks!

2. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

just run the 6" lift and run 37's. my truck should be done in about a week. i will post pictures asap

3. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Well from what i read on the site.It does not say anything about a new longer drive shaft.N it the lift kit should come with all the parts that are to be extended,including brake lines.The 8inch rize kit is a complete bolt on kit.Acording to there web site,it is the best complete bolt on kit out there.

Now for your tires,you re-gearing right?I sugest ya do or you will hate the take off and get up and go.Also what gears you got right now,and what gears ya going with?

N YZ,cant wait for the pics man.

4. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

The rule of thumb is to get a longer drive shaft for an 8 inch lift. Basically not required but suggested. Of course you will need to regear. All your brake line extensions should come with the kit. Depending on what you plan to do with your truck as far as torture will depend on what else is involved.

5. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Ya didnt think of that rule.Thanks man.Ya what he rrogers also said,lol.

6. lukewdavison

how much would the longer driveshaft cost? id like to just re gear and then put the lift on and the tires.. then wait a while and if necessary do the longer driveshaft.. would it mess up my truck if i didnt do it immediately?

7. lukewdavison

yeah i wanted to just get some 35s and 18s but ive had alot of people tell me it would look sorda goofy with an 8 inch lift and 35s so id just go ahead and get the 37s.. or 38s.. and should i regear before i get all this put on?? or can it wait a month or so?? if not then whats the BEST gears out there so i can go ahead and try and get them put on

thanks bro

8. lukewdavison

hell yeah man definetly post up some pictures we have basically the same truck so id definetly be stoked to see that.. what kinda tires and rims you go with?? as well as lift

9. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

check out my build thread, but I went with 18x9 moto metal 951's with -12 offset. 37x13.50r18 nitto mud graps, and the 6" rough country lift

10. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

how much??? Again just depends on what you want to do. will it hurt your truck? Imo no but that is an endless argument and depends on who you talk to about it