PTM Mirror Caps

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ak_cowboy, Jan 28, 2012.

1. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Do it now!!!

J.Wal

2. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Full Access Member

I would sand it down with a like a 400 grit or so and then apply a filler primer, sand some more with 600-800 and get it smooth then. I would spray them down with Adhesion Primer then go with a few coats of Green PTM & then like 4 coats of clear. Sand down and buff :waytogo:

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/place_order2.cgi

they sell the factory exact match. i cant find medium wedgewood blue anywhere, but this stuff is a perfect match. and comes in rattle can :waytogo:

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Thanks Vano. The other place has it for $5 cheaper...but glad I got a couple of options lol.

why the crap is 12oz $25 and 16oz in a can is $90??

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

That rattle can stuff needs a different viscosity due to normal paint guns using a higher cfm compared to what the rattle can can produce. Basically you are paying for the mix.

6. 2001_4.2

2001_4.2 Full Access Member

I agree. It was the first thing I had painted on my truck and I didn't use adhesion promoter plus that area see's a lot of abuse. I opted to go with the Automotive Touchup because I ran all my local stores out of Duplicolor PTM paint in my color and they never ordered anymore so I bought a bunch in bulk haha

7. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I always pick a can up when I find my color in stock. Right now all I have is one new can, but if I hit the AutoZone and they have two I immediately buy them both. :jester:

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Well...I'm probably going to be ordering at least a pint, maybe a quart of paint...
    Getting yanked out of the ditch put my passenger fender into a tree or something... Picking up a new fender tomorrow for $95 but it needs repainted.
    Fugging body shop wanted $600 to fix the dent!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This place only wants $45 for a pint or $80/qt... I'ma call our local shop and see what they charge for the same.

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

Damn that doesn't look that bad from those angles. You can't pop that dent back out? I couldn't see any creases.

10. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

It's right on the fender lip :facepalm: I might be able to yank it out, but getting the fender curve bent right and flat again is going to suck. Especially cuz its so close to the end and there's not a lot of room to work with it.

The shop said its more expensive for them to replace the fender and paint it cuz they would have to blend the paint across the hood and doors also, instead of just that one spot... but shoot, $600????