Rear Light Mount Help!

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by iFX4, Mar 31, 2012.

1. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    you could also prolly get some square perforated tubing like i did for my install in the front as a worse case scenario. i'd have to figure out where/how to mount that in the back, but it should be too hard.

off the bumper bracket aint a bad idea either, but will those spots allow the lights to be below the bumper? i think the duallys have a smaller bracket than dylans, dont they?

2. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

Thought about that...but I have a foam filled lid on my toolbox and don't want to tap into that.

no the duallys have a pretty tall mounting bracket.

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    that looks good. you should do a write up on how to do this from start to finish for anyone else.

and from that second pic, it looks like dylans reverse fog has a large (taller) bracket than the dually. I know if you have them pointed vertical to the bracket they then become tall, but when folded 90^ they become pretty slim.

4. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

yea your right....just noticed that too...but the other day i stuck one of the duallys under to see and they got clearance from the bumper...

5. That Man

That Man Full Access Member

Those lights dont beat up against your back glass when you open your tool box lid? Looks kinda like they would. It looks good though!

6. W.Hirsch

W.Hirsch Yippie-Ki-Yay....

The tool box lid is at a angle when all the way open. I got bout 3 inches of clearence between the lights and the back glass.

7. General Lee

General Lee Rammer Jammer

Like hirsch said put the lights on the corners of the toolbox, I've got 2 lights on mine (about to add 2 more) and the bed blocks half the light so I will be moving them farther apart