Relocating Steps for Toolbox Access

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by VanoFord, Dec 7, 2010.

1. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    So I was tired of not seeing into my toolbox after the body lift, and I didnt want to get a set of nerf bars w/ the 3rd loop, I decided to remount my steps just for this.

I moved the front bolt locations 13 1/4" backwards. Drilled w/ a 3/8" bi-metal bit, keeping the same depth off of the edge as the factory mounts. Then I moved the c-clips, bolted 1 up, and sprayed w/ primer the rear bolt locations. I then removed that initial bolt, lowered the steps again, and drilled the rear holes. Moved the c-clips, tightened down the 4 bolts that go vertically, and used self tappers for the horizontal bolts rather than the factory (remounting those c-clips werent as easy and this works). I then repeated for the passenger side. Here are the final pics. Its as sturdy as from the factory. Looks different since its offset from the front, but damn if it isnt exactly what I was looking for as far as functionability goes. Let me know what everyone thinks! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. FLfirefighter

FLfirefighter STORMTROOPER EDTION

it works and doesn't look bad

3. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

looks good man

4. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Cool idea....I'd paint the lower rockers the same color as your flares:rocking:

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Yea the truck is all one color. Thats just the point I was at when I did the step swap. Was at the "other site" gettin all my tech write ups. Got this one, plus the Adding Message Center & Towing Mirror Wiring Install.

My "BAN" was supposed to end today at noon, allowing me to email all my friends and access my acct... apparently I am on the "NEVER" Category w/ the rest of us. Oh well. If I missed anything from the other site that we'd want here, let me know and I can find the write ups at my house. Thanks!

6. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Haha that's cool man....thanks for the info.

7. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

good idea...doesnt look too bad either! :)