Superchargers!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by TFIDDLE, Apr 15, 2011.

1. lil_dq

lil_dq Full Access Member

Forged pistons, Eagle Rods, Twisted wedge heads and cams, ARP studs and bolts throughout, Forged 8 bolt crank, Seasoned block, Flowed 80# injectors, Stiegemeier Stage 4 Ported and polished Eaton, Shorty Headers, Stage 8 locking bolts, 3 Custom Amazon Tuning tunes, (after dropping 800 on a bad tuner who had no idea what he was doing and blew up the first build), All the machine work $$, Cometic head gaskets, Copper/Carbon Fiber header gaskets, E Fan conversion, Built 4r70w trans, Custom built Driveshafts to handle the power (after I snapped my front launching in 4x4) Custom intercooler tank/pump setup, Electric water pump, A/C delete kit....I have alot in this motor only to spin a main bearing 3 dyno pulls into it.....I will NEVER let anyone help install the motor again....LOL

Knowing what i know now I would have bought an SVT 4.6 out of a wrecked cobra. for about 15-20K nicely built...

2. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

thats not too bad of a set up. what kind of numbers are you making with it? and any pics of it?

3. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Yeah I would definitely get forged internals, but just think, I CAN GET 90% OF MY PARTS FROM MUSTANG GUYS. Like no offense to you 5.4 people but I have the hookups to get parts from drag racing 99-04 2v mustang guys. My tunes would not cost much at all also. These mustang guys that I know only have like 5k into a supercharged motor and beefed up tranny if they have a mild Supercharger. They have the same motors except for tunes and intake.

4. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

all that and no long tubes?!?!

5. lil_dq

Nope I don't care for long tubes. Besides I had the custom exhaust work done already and didn't wanna have to screw with it.

6. lil_dq

I put down 450hp and 490ftlbs with stock lower pulley and 10 psi on 93 octane.

fuel rails....
    [​IMG]

Before pulling the motor and building the new one...
    [​IMG]

New build starting...
    [​IMG]
    Parts bench...mixed in with some of the stock parts...
    [​IMG]

7. lil_dq

Keep an eye out for deals and take your time with it and you can get out fairly good on price. I built and put mine together in 3 months. I would run a DOHC and find a good deal on a cobra blower. Then you would have a KILLER setup.

8. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

...looks like a mess. i'm wanting to get around to building a motor on the side. Figure if/when i start too, by the time my 4.6 goes it should be near done.

9. lil_dq

Yeah that was. I am cleaning up the compartment when I do this build...

10. Sl33p3r

Sl33p3r Banned