Superchips Vs. Edge

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by Zuk on 39s, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Zuk on 39s

Zuk on 39s Banned

I was gonna get an edge evolution but keep puttin it off. Said something to a guy at work about gettin one and the next day he said he had a superchips programmer that he forgot he had and said he would bring it for me to look at. I dont know what model it is but he's gonna bring it tomorrow. Just wanted to see if there was any pros n cons on which one to get. I like the way you can mount the edge and set 4 displays. The superchips isnt one to be leavin in the truck. They seem to do the same thing so just wanted a lil extra 2cents from some of yall that may have had one or the other. He didnt price the superchips but I bet 100-150 would get it.

2. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

I got a sct xcal and love it. I know some people that have superchip flashpaq's love them as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

3. Nitewolf

Nitewolf The Big Bad Wolf

My buddy has a superchips and he isnt happy with it at all. He likes how my Edge CS has onscreen parameters and you can fine tune the edge better.. But If I were you i'd get the Gryphon.. its an edge that you can custom tune to your truck. Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

i have an edge and love it, love that you can do diagnostics and watch so much just from the screen. just my $.02

5. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

i have never heard anything good about the super chips but for the price might be worth trying. i like the way the edge mounts and you leave it plugged up to montir different parameters. i personally have never tried superchip but everyone i know who has had one didnt like it

6. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

i love the edge on my truck

7. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

I have had the Super chips programmer.In my opinion it doesn't do what the Edge Evo,or for that fact alone,any Edge product can do.I wasn't really impressed with the Superchips programmer.Now maybe it;s just me,but i saw better performance with my Edge Evo than previously with my Superchips programmer.

Also for the fact alone you have to remove it every time you want to drive.Again like in previous comments,you cant do in-cab monitoring.You can't do on the fly programing with the Superchips like you can the Edge products.But if you can get it for a really good price,then go with it.But i think you should go with the Edge and get custom tunes like i will be doing in a month.

8. Zuk on 39s

Zuk on 39s Banned

thanks for the input guys. I may pass on it even if it is a good deal. Knowing me I would end up gettin the edge in the long run anyways so no need in wasting money.

9. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

^^^^ Ya go with the Edge man.You truck will thank you for it:waytogo:

10. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

:peace::peace::peace: