This is a first.....

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by iFX4, Apr 9, 2012.

1. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

Went out and used my keypad as usual to open up my truck since I lock my keys in the console and I was on the phone so was taking my time just cranking the truck up and flip the key to the ON position and its like my truck went into theft mode. My flashers were going off like the alarm was tripped but the horn wasn't going off. I could the relay clicking behind the backseat and in the fuse panel by the passenger kick panel....I cranked the truck and everythnig. Ran could do every thing like normal. Tried enterting the code on the keypad again, grab my remoteless entry and tried resetting it but the flasher kept going. So I just popped the hood disconnected the battery for about 30 secs and after that it was fine. Cranked it at least 6 times now since that this morning and every thing is ship shape. Think it was just a fluke or could it be something else?

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

It sounds like your remote/alarm didn't recognize you unlocking the keypad and thought you broke in. Have you repeated all the steps exactly the same?
    My grandparents lincoln will set the alarm off if you lock it with the key fob then unlock it with the key or keypad...

3. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

Yea haha its like it was a one time thing....I did everything over again and went I came into work this morning my dad was here and I told him and did it in front of him and the trucks has been running like nothing ever happened.

4. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Sounds like your truck doesnt like that lightbar any more. I'm almost positive that is the culprit. I GUESS I can take it off your hands to ensure your truck runs perfect. You know my address... I'll be waiting for it :waytogo:

5. iFX4

iFX4 Chief

You wish. :p

Sent from my iSmarty 4