Tinted Taillight How To

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by ex4banger83, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ex4banger83

ex4banger83 Safety 3rd

(first off I know the pics aint of a F150...I can post the before after pics of my truck with it)

Get a can of VHT nightshades (or your preferred brand of lens paint) and a can of clear coat...sandpaper/emory cloth may be needed also

pull off all the lenses that you want to tint and mask them off (make sure you clean the lenses off before you start spraying them)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spray away (I suggest to not do more than two coats or the lights will not shine through) one coat will make it a dark red, two coats will make it black.

after you get the desired darkness, spray over it with a couple coats of clear

finished product: (You dont have to leave the clear part there...that was just me and my brothers preferance)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

total time: 1-2 hours mostly watching paint dry

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Got tinted tails on my truck to :cheers: if you want to get fancy you can also wet sand and buff them .....thanks for the write up.

3. ex4banger83

ex4banger83 Safety 3rd

no problem...just hopin I can help someone who wants to do this....darren's write up on TMC helped me out when I was doin mine so Hopefully I can help someone else.