Trying to pick a new bed cover......

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by J.Wal, Aug 6, 2011.

1. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Ok, I have a extang trifecta and aint nothing wrong with it but it folds onto its self twice, so it doesn't get as out of the way as I would like.

I want one of the roll up ones that have the support bars built into them.

There are two reputable, and popular ones out there. both have questionable traits that have me on the fence.

The first one up, and I am leaning towards is Extang revolution

Revolution Tonno`Revolution Tonneau - Extang Revolution Tonneau Low Profile Tonno Extang Revolution Tonneau Extang

I like that the bars roll up with it, it has a lifetime warranty on everything, and it is the lowest profile on the market.

The possible downfall with this one is I don't know how well it will seal on the sides. The sides have a weather seal on the frame and one on the fabric. when you roll it out the support bars lock into the frame and the two strips meet and supposedly make a weather proof seal. If that is the case, you don't half to walk around and push the sides down so they seal like if it were Velcro
    Cost is 425 shipped

The second is the truxedo lo pro QT

TruXedo Lo Pro QT - #1 Selling Soft Roll-up Tonneau Cover

It is very similar to the one above, it has a lifetime warranty on everything, but its downfall is it sits a little taller than the extang and the biggest thing to me is the sides seal with Velcro. so after you roll it down you half to walk both sides to push the Velcro down and seal the sides.
    Cost is around 375-390

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

I like the Extang but the lady in the pic looks creepy :jester:

Why do you not like the velcro so much? I have a cheap one that I modified to fit behind my toolbox which has the snaps. I hate the snaps but I ended up getting it free off Ebay and it keeps stuff dry when I need it to.

3. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

well, with the extang, you roll it out, lock it in and walk away, but with the truxedo, you roll it out, lock it in and then go to each side and push the velcro down.....

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

truzedo all the way j wal I have one and love it

5. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I prefer Extang products.

6. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

why dont you just ask your friends over at f150online. jk man i say no cover at all

7. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

:hmm: me and pops have the Lund Genesis seal and peels. They work great. I am leery on the whole velcro thing even if it has a warranty. Not something i could see myself messing with if it messes up. But i would go with the first one

8. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

J Wal ... my brother has his hard toneau cover he took off his truck ...... hit him up , i bet he wud cut u a hell of a deal

9. W.Hirsch

W.Hirsch Yippie-Ki-Yay....

10. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Thanks for the offer bigun but I am selling the one I got because it dosnt totally fold out of the way, a hard one surely wouldn't do what I wanted.

A roll up like I want will roll into the smallest size and can be easily removed from the frame, to expose the entire bed. But with it not removed it only covers about 8" compared to 20" now

---
    - J.Wal