Vent visors... Yes or No

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Predatory Instincts, May 24, 2012.

Worth it or not?

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not only no..... but hell no!

7.7%
  1. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

I'm not really a fan of stick-on doodads but I can see where a set of them could be handy... like right now when my truck is roughly the temperature of magma inside the cab from sitting in the parking lot here at work.

What's you guys' take on them?

2. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

It gets pretty hot here, i have them on both vehicles. And they do help. Especially if they're calling for some rain, since it can still be left cracked, and not get the seat soaked. I would look for a set of in-channel vent visors. They look cleaner compared to the stick on ones.

3. Bee89

Bee89 Super Moderator

I have thought about putting the in channel ones on my truck as well. It gets incredibly hot down here.

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

honestly i dont like the looks of them and took them off my truck but now i wish i had them on. thinking about putting some new ones on

5. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

I love mine. I got the ones that go in the track, it's the same cost as the ones that stick on the outside but they look tons better IMO.

6. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

Nick, what brand did you get?

I'm looking through reviews of in-channels on Autoanything right now and there's a lot of negative reviews for them.

People saying that they scratch your tint, their windows won't roll all the way up causing wind noise, they cause their auto down safety to trip when rolled up, etc. Appears to be the same issue on multiple brands of the in-channel type.

7. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

I like the look of the in-channel ones. I dont have any but may be a good idea for it getting so hot here, but then again I will be driving the prius for the summer b/c it gets 3x the gas mileage my truck does lol

8. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

Auto VentShade from autozone. I can see where people can say that. They have these U-Channel guides for the windows that go behind the felt, and if you don't get the felt back in place like it should it can cause your window to slow down while going up. But if you work the felt right it will go . It just takes some patients and time.

The person that installed it scratched the tint didn't install it right, because everything hides behind the felt so it can't scratch.

9. Bee89

Bee89 Super Moderator

10. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

If you must, ONLY use the inchannel ones. The others look like t total sh it plain and simple.

I had them back when I first got my truck, along with one of those fugly ass bugflectors. I scrapped them about two years later and wished I'd done it sooner.