Wilson Electronics Signalboost DT

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Roush PSD Interceptor, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Amazon.com for $229 free shipping, took about 4 days to get here.

[​IMG]

old url pic new one has two gain conrols on face
    [​IMG]

Bought this to improve our cellular signal at home, most times we get either 0 bars or 1 bar of signal strength. Important calls have to be made outside or sitting in the yard at our hot-spot usually near the power pole.

I mounted the exterior antenna on a 20 foot metal pole at the NE corner of our home. Antenna must face toward the nearest cellular tower. Spiral wrapped the coax down the pole and went inside at the corner of the garage air conditioner window unit.

Went to the wall between the kitchen and garage and made a access hole the size of the coax connector, I'm putting an outlet box here that can accept CAT 5-6 for LAN and the Wilson coax.

From inside the kitchen I pulled the coax out just long enough to attach the Signalboost DT. A small plug in power transformer to the box and at interior antenna connects to this box also. I put the interior antenna on the kitchen table facing the rest of the room.

So far our cellular reception has increase to 5-6 bars of signal. If rainy days or other events cause poor signal quality I may try the Yagi external antenna outside. The box has two gain controls one for 800MHz and the other for 1900 MHz. I haven't adjusted them from the factory presets but it says to turn down the gain of the one your phone doesn't use.

Yagi Antenna
    [​IMG]